National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is Saturday, April 30, from 10 AM-2 PM. Bring your expired, unwanted or unused medications to the Burlington Police Department for proper disposal. Proper prescription drug disposal is important for a safe and healthy community as well as protecting our children and our environment. Show you care by doing your part to keep unsafe drugs in safe hands.
What can you do?
1. Show you care. DONT SHARE medication.
2. DISPOSE of your unused medications safely at a local disposal site.
3. SECURE all medications in your home
4. MONITOR all medications in your home to ensure they are used as directed and only by those to whom they are prescribed.
5. TALK to your kids about the dangers of prescription drugs
Disposal is free and anonymous. For more information about proper disposal and medication safety visit burlingtonpartnership.org
Supported by the Burlington Partnership for a Healthy Community and local law enforcement. #endmedicineabuse
It’s Lyme Disease prevention time again.
- Lyme disease is caused by infection with Borrelia burgdorferi, a type of bacteria called a spirochete. The infection is transmitted by the bite of a black-legged tick, known as the deer tick.
- Using a repellent (always follow manufacturer’s directions) during outdoor activities, and checking your skin for ticks after being outdoors are the best ways to prevent tick bites.
- In most cases, an infected tick must be attached for at least 36 hours in order to transmit Lyme disease.
Do I need to be seen?
- If the whole tick has been removed and was on for less than 36 hours, the answer is usually no.
- If you were unable to remove the whole tick or if it was on 36 hours or longer, then, yes you should call for an appointment.
Additional trusted resources:Read More
Rebecca Joyce, MD joined Evergreen Family Health last fall, and is accepting NEW patients’ appointments now. Dr. Joyce is a native Vermonter who is delighted to be returning to the green mountain state!
To learn more about Dr. Joyce click here .Read More