Covid vaccination for ages 16-64 with chronic conditions
Currently the VT Department of Health is allowing all adults ages 65 and older to make appointments for vaccination.
The next two phases of vaccination will be open to Vermonters age 55 and over with certain chronic health conditions, followed by those age 16 and over with certain chronic health conditions. You will not be required to provide proof from your primary care office regarding your specific health condition, so please do not request a letter from us. You will be asked to self-certify that you have an eligible condition.
You can register an account online in advance with the VT Department of Health, but you may not make an appointment for the vaccine until your age group or chronic condition is eligible.
The following is the current list of chronic conditions approved for the next phase of vaccination:
• Current cancer
• Chronic kidney disease
• COPD, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis
• Heart disease, including heart attack, heart failure, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease (angina, acute and chronic ischemic heart disease), cardiomyopathies, and pulmonary hypertension. Does NOT include high blood pressure.
• Immunocompromised due to solid organ transplant, blood, or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, or other causes; or HIV with a low CD4 cell count or not on HIV treatment; prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immune suppressing drugs
• Severe obesity (BMI of 40 or above)
• Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
• Disabilities including chromosomal disorders, such as Down syndrome; intellectual disabilities; disabilities that compromise lung function
• Sickle cell disease